Monday, April 16, 2007

Greif has not boundaries

It is with sadness that I express grief to all the faculty, staff and parents at Virginia Tech..... Today's massive tragedy is truly unforgettable. I was initially mostly concerned about my nephew who is a student there, but then learned of a co-worker's son who was wounded in the shooting...

It is truly hard to believe we can have things like this happen in America.

While I love to pick at my VT friends, today's events only bring sorrow to mind knowing that friends and family have been lost and that some parents will no longer be able to bring their child home to their loving arms....

I am pleased to say that the UVA community is reaching out http://www.virginia.edu/uvatoday/newsRelease.php?id=1882

I have heard of a request for all UVA students and alumni to show support for the Orange and Maroon faithful tomorrow.. I plan to do so.... as part of the family of man......

No comments: