Monday, February 02, 2009

A little sweater for Kathryn's new baby

I decided to knit a size 3 month sweater for a fellow Social Worker who was due in January. I got the sweater done, but then put off adding the buttons. I hope to mail this tomorrow to her... as I have a bad cold and don't want to bring my germs to the new arrival.




This sweater was knit with Baby Ull Dalegarm. It is washable wool and I absolutely loved working with it. I got it from Becky Bowling when she owned Knitter's Knook. She has now closed the store and left the country to be with her husband. I selfishly wish that she would have stayed here as she was such a help and inspiration.


The pattern called for Paton's Beehive.. but I could not find any and Becky graciously helped me to see that the Baby Ull was a good substitute.. THANKS AGAIN BECKY!!!!!







3 comments:

Crochet Princess Beth said...

Your sweater turned out beautiful! Wish I could knit like you! Beth

Sandy said...

Beautiful sweater, such nice colors. Thought I should do some exercising today, so am doing a little blog walking. lol

Stop in
Sandy

Crochet Princess Beth said...

When you get a minute, check out my blog! You got an award!!! Beth