Monday, January 29, 2007

A new ERA

Yesterday I turned 40. In the not so distant past I might have thought this was not such a good thing... but in talking with numerous female friends [all 50+] I have decided that this is more of a turning point and opportunity.

I am hopeful of establishing some goals for myself that will carry me thru the coming decades as well as support my goals for my family.

I continue to knit, knit, knit on a preemie baby sweater.... I am trying to get it done so that the baby can wear it... I used the 5 hour baby sweater [Loraine Major's version http://www.minidata.co.nz/major/freepatt/patt01.htm
and did it with Kitchen cotton [Lilly Sugar n Cream] with size 6 needles. I think it will work for a 5 to 6 pound baby.. maybe up to 7 pounds, but I am guessing... All that is left are the sleeves [it will be seamless] and then I can send it off....... I hope to get a picture of it... I did do so with my last one [a peach version on size 7 needles]... and wish I had as I made my own hat pattern....

I am currently on a yarn diet and am trying [very hard mind you] to knit up my stash.. I just seem to have so much of it that it appears in nearly every room in the house... HOW DID I GET HERE????? Frankly I expect my projects to become more creative in the coming months... as I work on reducing the stash.

1 comment:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Happy belated birthday! :)

Can't wait to see the sweater; it sounds precious!

Destashing is hard work...good luck!

Ruinwen
:)